Thursday, June 7, 2012

Restarting?

Since almost 1,000 of you have come to look at my blog (or at least one of you has come here 1,000 times), I feel somewhat responsible to let you know what became of my 24/7 attempt.

I knew going into it that it wouldn't last forever, that I would never be 24/7 full-time. At the same time, I was expecting to last more than three days.

Honestly, I was not in the best emotional place at the end of the third day and as I went to change before going to bed, I decided to put the diapers on the shelf instead. There were nuisances about being 24/7 for sure. Messing requires a lot of extra work, for one. Temperature control and awkward social interactions are added obstacles. But, even all of those things added up didn't cause me to temporarily quit my 24/7 attempt.

To be able to handle those obstacles, I just needed to be happier than I was three days ago. I'm starting to get back into a place where I think I can handle it again. Instead of going 24/7 for an indefinite amount of time, I think I'd like to set a more realistic goal for this blog. Let me explain.

I made it for 72 hours on my first attempt. I'd like to double the length of my attempts each time but I will take breaks in between the attempts. When I'm on an attempt, I will still post nightly. When I'm off, I will post little entries like this one explaining where I'm at with diapers.

This means that my next attempt will be 6 days, then 12 days, then 24 days, then 48 days. I can't imagine going much longer than 48 days at the moment so I'm just going to re-assess if I ever get that far.

Of course, receiving comments (thank you, Joe!) will motivate me to make and write about these attempts. In the future, if this blog acquires a larger readership, I could foresee including some sort of interactive element where commenters can prolong the time I spend in diapers. Let me know what you all think.

For now, I'm targeting Monday, June 11th as the start of my 6-day run. But I might start sooner. Stay tuned and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment